The MCS series magnification calibration standards are unique, cost effective, wide range SEM calibration standards. These fully featured practical calibration standards can be used for magnification calibration or critical dimension measurements in table top SEM, standard SEM, FESEM, FIB, Auger, SIMS and reflected light microscope systems.
Two types are available:
- MCS-1 with a scale ranging from 2.5mm to 1µm (ideal for table top and compact SEMs, covers 10x to 20,000x magnifications)
- MCS-0.1 with a scale ranging from 2.5mm down to 100nm (ideal for SEM, FESEM and FIB systems, covers 10x to 200,000 magnifications)
both are supplied with a certificate of traceability or optionally with an individual certificate of calibration
Certificate of Calibration presents actual measurements of key features on the individual standard. The accuracy of these products was determined by reference comparison to working standards traceable to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
Certificate of Traceability presents an average of measurements taken across the wafer. The accuracy was determined by reference comparison to working standards traceable to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
Further details of certification are available on request.
Advantages of the MCS series are:
- unprecedented precision over the full calibration range
- all features in one single ultraflat plane
- metal on silicon with excellent signal to noise ratio
- wider range of features to accurately calibrate low, medium and high magnification ranges
- compatible with both SE and BSE imaging
- fully conductive materials
- easy to convert feature sizes
- can be cleaned with plasma cleaning
- all NIST traceable or optionally certified
The features on the EM-Tec MCS series are made using state of the art MEMS manufacturing techniques with high contrast chromium deposited lines for the larger features and gold over chromium for the smaller features below 2.5µm. The gold ensures optimum signal to noise ratio for calibration purposes.
The MCS-0.1 calibration standard is an excellent replacement for the discontinued SIRA calibration standard (which was using only 0.51 and 0.463µm features) with added advantages. Compatible feature sizes for the SIRA standard are 50µm (5×10µm) and 0.5µm (500nm).